Riverside Veterinary Clinic is an independent, community orientated small animal veterinary practice.
We believe in treating our clients and their pets as individuals, building up long-term relationships based on understanding and trust, in order to provide your pet with the best possible life.
Keeping you safe whilst caring for your pets
During the current outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are following government advice by taking extra precautions to ensure the safety of our staff and clients.
OUR STIRLING BRANCH IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. Our Callander practice is currently operating Mon-Fri, 0830-1800. Anyone wishing to contact us please use our Callander number 01877 381213
As of March 21st the practice Covid Protocol is:
1. The Stirling branch will remain closed for consultations; however, we will continue to dispense repeat prescriptions, parasite control and collection of samples 3 times per week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between the hours of 6.00-6.30pm
2. We ask that only one client attends the practice with their pet. The exception to this is when clients are saying goodbye to a beloved pet. Please note under these circumstances there are strict protocols in place.
3. Please inform us if you or any of your close contacts have symptoms of Covid or have tested positive..
4. We ask you to arrive ten minutes before your appointment time is scheduled.
5. The door to the practice is now unlocked - please come in and report to reception. If a member of the team is not available please ring the bell and we will be with you shortly.
6. The vet or nurse will call you through to the consultation room when ready.
7. Once the consultation is complete the team member will direct you to reception for payment and collection of medication dispensed.
8. Payment is required at time of appointment – please note we do not accept American Express. An invoice can be printed or emailed direct to you on request.
9. We aim to limit your time in the building to 15 minutes but if you feel there are multiple concerns with your pet please let a team member know when booking the appointment so that we can book a 30 minute consultation to allow us to address all your concerns and manage your time in the building
12. As we will be opening windows to ventilate the rooms, please have your dog on a secure short lead and your cat or other small pet in a secure carrier unless in the consult room where the doors and window will remain closed during the consultation. A slip lead can be provided by the team if required.
13. Please have patience with our team – we are trying to allow the practice to return to a form of normality while keeping our team as safe as possible and therefore are able to offer you and your pets a full service.
Saying goodbye to a beloved companion is difficult at the best of times. In recognition of this, euthanasia is the only exception to our ‘no entry’ rule for clients. Additional covid-19 safety measures apply;
Please make use of the hand sanitiser available
The vet will administer an initial sedation to your pet, during which time we ask you maintain a respectful distance from your pet and the vet.
After the sedation has been administered you can return to your pet’s side and spend those final moments together. The final injection will be administered when you are comfortable to leave your pet in our care and after you have left the practice
Please phone to order repeat medication so we can have it dispensed and ready for collection. This will enable us to minimise the length of your visit.
We ask for AT LEAST 48 hours notice when ordering medications to give us adequate time to order and prepare it. PRODUCTION AND DELIVERY OF SOME MEDICATIONS HAS BEEN AFFECTED BY THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE AVAILABILITY OF MEDICATIONS AT SHORT NOTICE
These are challenging times for everyone. The measures we have implemented are designed to protect clients and staff whilst enabling us to continue to provide the best service that we can to both you and your pet. In the face of government restrictions, professional guidelines, stock disruption and other obstacles we are continually having to adapt and modify our practice.
We appreciate the frustrations some people may feel but be assured the health & welfare of your animal companions is paramount to us and is at the heart of everything we do. Your patience and understanding means a great deal to us.
Take care and all the best
The Riverside Veterinary Team